Halcyon primary lights are available with your choice of 21-watt HID or 12-watt LED. They can also be outfitted with an underwater quick disconnect (E/O) cord. The larger, coldwater Goodman handle ships standard, and a smaller handle is optional.
21-Watt HID Light Head
The Halcyon 21-watt HID is an industry favorite, allowing full adjustability, and easy bulb changes in a conventional, test-tube style design. The Goodman style head offers easy, hands-free operation, while the exclusive ultra-bright reflector promises the best possible light output. Combined with the extended protective cowling on our light head, the Explorer 21-watt lights throw out an intensely focused beam of bright, white light that you can rely on in the most challenging situations.
Key Features of the 21-watt HID Light head:
- Locking bulb design eliminates the risk of dislodged bulbs and sporadic ignition problems (patent pending).
- High-temperature polymer (PEEK) nearly eliminates risk of socket damage common within the competition.
- New, brighter bulb, with a shorter stem and protection sleeve that reduces risk of breakage.
- Includes the time-tested Goodman handle and Halcyon reflector.
12-Watt LED Light Head
The promise of LED technology, that can fully replace HID lighting, just took a step forward with Halcyon’s newest Eos primary light. The new Eos capably blends numerous desirable features, with a focused light output exceeding the 10-watt HID. A machined aluminum head shields a nearly indestructible LED light array, with an expected lifecycle of 20,000 hours. A set of innovative Halcyon features on the handle rounds out this tantalizing light head. The Eos LED represents the dawn in a new age of underwater lighting, and is a welcome addition to our line of primary lighting.
Eos LED Key Features
- Advanced LED array provides powerful output in a small, attractive form; full power output equals 600 Lumen.
- Lux rating at one meter is 10,700; at three meters, 1,450; and at five meters, 530.
- High-quality, aluminum light head with a Type 3, Class 2 Mil-Spec hard coat is durable and corrosion resistant.
- Aluminum light head optimizes heat dissipation while protecting LED electronics.
- High-quality LEDs are rated for approximately 20,000 hours and protected by a nearly indestructible light head.
- The dual-intensity LED allows an option to double battery run time.
- The Eos Goodman handle features an innovative bolt snap attachment point.
- The light head body provides a rear bolt snap attachment option.
Quick-Disconnect Pluggable Cords
All Halcyon lights can be fitted with underwater pluggable cords. This feature allows divers to switch between video lights and conventional HID light heads. Divers using quick-disconnect cords may also swap a damaged light head while underwater. However, divers using this option should weigh the benefit against a possible increase in complexity. For example, a short interruption in the current flowing to an HID light will cause the light to falter. Shutting down the light for five seconds allows the ballast to reset. Divers that require greater flexibility are usually happy to manage the increased complexity. However, you should consider these issues while choosing the system that is best for you.